The Most Active and Welcoming
Resin Surfacing Community Online
Join and Discover everything about Resin.

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members?
Feel free to sign up now.

Do I need planning permission?

Discussion in 'Planning Permission' started by Ms Marvellous, Nov 18, 2018.

  1. Ms Marvellous

    Ms Marvellous New Member Registered Registered

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hey guys, I have a detached house with a driveway, but half of it is made up of grass, do I need planning to remove the grass and put resin on top? Thanks.
  2. resinous
  3. Tim

    Tim Active Member Registered Contractor

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    To my understanding, so long as you are replacing the grass with a completely porous system, you don’t require planning permission.

    However, you need to make sure your contractor is installing a completely porous system. The resin bound is of course permeable, but what’s underneath must also be permeable I.e. base and sub-base.

    I would also double check with your local authority, to make sure this is the case for your area. Best to keep everyone happy :)
    John T likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.